Thursday 30 September 2010

Off to the shops I go

Usually I go for walks across the fields and footpaths around here – I love it! I chase bunnies, but never manage to catch them; I watch the deer in the fields and sniff all those lovely animal smells in the hedges. But yesterday they decided to take me shopping – shopping I ask you! Why would a dog like me want to go shopping? Well apparently I should show more interest in where the little luxuries in life come from – what luxuries you might ask? It seems that all the squeaky toys, raggers and frisbees have to be bought from a pet shop. So we had to go along so that I could look at the choice and pick a new toy for myself to have ready to comfort me for when the fireworks start. We went into the local pet shop and the ladies in there were very nice and showed me all the toys they had – my it was like an Aladdin’s Cave! In the end I choose a soft toy that looks like a pheasant and it has a lovely squeaker too – a lovely noise which I like. Although it’s very nice to have the toy they won't let me play with it until nearer the fireworks period so they've hidden it away - that's not fair! I really didn’t enjoy the experience of walking down the high street to get to the pet shop very much. I’m a country dog you see and all those cars, lorries and people are a bit too noisy for me. Next time they decide to do that I’m going to INSIST that they give me some of Dorwest’s Valerian Compound before they take me to town – that’ll make the whole experience less scary. It’s organic too which is good as I’m very environmentally aware you know……………

No comments: