Monday 8 November 2010

What's going on and how I saved the hedgehog.......

Fairly back to normal today, although not quite as normal as I would like. I tried to have a snooze under one of the desks and got told to move and stop getting under everyone’s feet. You’d think they’d let me have a well earned rest after all my hard work these last few weeks, but not a chance. I’ve never seen everyone so busy in the Dorwest offices and dispatch departments. I thought that it’d be quiet now that the worst of the fireworks is over, but no it’s not - all very odd………......

I shall have to ask what it’s all about, because I am getting confused by it all. Why are they rushing about? Has the firework night not happened yet? Maybe it hasn’t and nobody told me, but that can’t be right because lots of my friends have told me that they had a calm and peaceful time – so it must have happened even though I was so relaxed and laid back I hardly noticed it. I know that there have been bonfires built because we had one in our garden. I went out for a leg cock the other evening, just before dusk, and do you know what I saw? A hedgehog heading towards the bonfire – I wasn’t going to touch it ‘cos I’ve done that before and they are jolly prickly and hurt a lot, but I knew that it wasn’t a good idea for a hedgehog to go into a bonfire, so I barked and barked and barked and made such a fuss that my humans came out to see what the noise was about and then they saw the hedgehog and rescued him, or was it a her? Don’t know how to tell and I wasn’t going to get close enough to find out! So I’m a canine hero AGAIN – will my bravery and fame ever stop?

I seem to have got sidetracked with all my adventures so forgot to tell you that the reason everyone’s rushing about and very, very busy here is because Dorwest are giving 20% off two of their best selling products and so of course everyone is ordering them and that’s what’s caused the hectic day. I suggest that you get your humans to check out the Dorwest website (www.dorwest.com) and take advantage while you can – it’s only ‘til the end of the month they tell me – thank goodness for that, maybe then I can have a rest?

No comments: