Monday 24 October 2011

A day of ups and downs !

Well the rain came eventually but not until after I'd had my walk this morning, but I got myself into all sorts of bother. The thing is you see that in one of the fields I walk across there is a cattle water trough in the hedge between two fields, and everyday I have a drink from it as I pass by. What's the problem I hear you ask, well this morning there were two bullocks drinking from the other side of the trough in the other field. Well I wasn't having that, it's my personal drinker and I've never seen anyone drinking from it before, so I hopped through the hedge and barked at them and then chased them away from the trough. Seemed a sensible thing to do I thought, but my did I get into trouble. My humans just won't allow me to bark and chase stock in the fields and I broke the rules. I got severely told off, so I won't be doing that again, on the other hand I don't think the bullocks will either........ Result !

Then this afternoon one of the toddler humans told me that I smelt, and so what did they do, bathe me that's what! I don't know, it hasn't rained for weeks and the first spot of it and they decide to dump me in the bath - they could have just let me run around in the rain, that would have been much more fun. Still even I will admit that having been shampooed with the Pennyroyal Shampoo I do smell particularly attractive....... won't last long though you can be sure I'll find something more doggy smelling when I go on my walk tomorrow.

No comments: