Thursday 20 October 2011

Make sure you can be identified

It's really important that cats and dogs can be identified if the worse happens and he or she runs off in fright during the firework period. I've been microchipped so I'm pretty satisfied that if anything awful happened and I got lost they'd be able to scan me and let my people know.

It did happen to me once, when I was a bit younger - I chased a wild boar across some fields and got so carried away that I found myself on the main trunk road right in the middle of the traffic! Gosh I was frightened, but some kind person found me and took me to a kennel where they had a microchip scanner and before you could say "dogs dinner" my owners came and got me. So I'm now a big fan of microchipping.

There's still time for your owners to get you chipped, but if not then tell them they must make sure that you have a disc on your collar so that people know where you live, or who to contact if the worse happens.

As I keep saying - better to be safe than sorry!

No comments: