Friday 8 October 2010

Dr Monkey meets Tumble


Went to a party last night – well that’s a bit of an exaggeration as it was actually our local dog training club but I’m sure that all the dogs there, about thirty or more, didn’t know it was training and just thought like me that it was a good opportunity to talk to their mates, have a good sniff at both ends and get lots of praise. There was food and drink though – well a water bowl and some training tit bits, but nice anyway. I wasn’t there for training of course, I did that when I was a pup and I’m very well behaved and have certificates to prove it. No, I was there because the club had asked the local council to donate some money for dog poo bags and the council hadn’t come up with the dosh, so they’d put an appeal in the local paper and we saw it and thought that we could help. So Dorwest gave them a cheque for £50 (my that’s a lot of poo bags, but they are biodegradable ones) and I went along to present it to them so they could make sure that everyone does their bit in clearing up the smelly dog poo. It struck me that many of the dogs there, in particular the young ones in the puppy class, might not know about the bangs and crashes that happen over the fireworks period so I should have a word with them, and their owners, and explain that help was at hand. I told them about my blog and my Facebook page so they would know where to go for help if they thought they might need it. I must say they were all very nice to me, I met lots of different dogs – a Westie, Springer, Boxer, Staffie and lots of crossbreeds and a very cute and pushy Border terrier puppy called Tumble. She was VERY impressed with me and my superior Border terrier knowledge and wisdom, as you can see from the photo, and I was pretty impressed with her too! So thank you to Bridport Dog Training Club for a lovely evening – and I hope to see you all again soon…………

No comments: