Tuesday 5 October 2010

Trouble again - and on with the music

Oh dear I’m in trouble again today – is this becoming a trend in my life? It’s not really my fault, they should have known what would happen. It’s the new toy we bought the other day that’s the problem. They were supposed to save it for when the fireworks come, but they let me have it because I nagged and nagged them and I whined and whined and looked pathetic – every trick in the book. They tried to hide it but I knew where it was and in the end pester power won the day. So far so good, the problem was that I loved it so much I chewed and chewed it to make it stop squeaking and then to make doubly sure it was dead I ripped it to pieces. As I said it’s not my fault, I am a terrier and it’s what we do. My mistake was that I left all the bits lying around in my bed and when they saw them there was hell to pay! Now they are going to go and get me another one, but this time they say it won’t have a squeaker and I can’t have it no matter how much I nag them - spoilsports.

Only a month now ‘til Guy Fawkes – must keep on track, forget all this frivolity and get down to the serious stuff. My tip for today is music - yes music for dogs and cats! Some dogs like classical calming music, others are real country and western fans; myself I'm a big fan of Snoop Dogg. I like a bit of rapping and hip hop, it's the steady beat that I find reassuring. If you make it clear to your owners that you like to have music playing too then they can make sure that when the bangs and crashes start they will put on the radio for you when the fireworks start. Nothing like taking your mind off it I say.

No comments: