Sunday 17 October 2010

When things go bang and crash

Definitely it’s a noise phobia I’ve got – yesterday we had a power cut, well not so much a power cut as a power crash. A tractor and trailer going along the lane by us hit a big tree and pulled one of its big branches down onto the road. The trailer hit the tree with a great crash, the branch hit the electric cables, there was a flash and a big bang and that was that. I wondered just what on earth was going on – were we now getting flashes and bangs during the day? I thought they only happened after dark. Eventually some repair men came and made even more noise as they cut down the big branches with a chain saw. I kept well out of the way – all that buzzing noise, just like a great big bee, best avoided I’ve found. We have electric again now so I can continue with my research. I’ll tell you what else I’ve found out tomorrow.

No comments: