Friday 29 October 2010

The Pet Event - I was left at home again !

I’m a bit put out as I was left behind again yesterday when my owner went up to London to go to the Pet Event in the House of Lords. It was all to do with Hero Pets and there were lots of doggie heroes there, but not me – I may be a celebrity but apparently haven’t done anything really heroic (I think that helping pets overcome their firework phobias is pretty heroic but that’s not what it was about apparently). They had lots of support dog organisations there – Guide Dogs, International Search & Rescue dogs, PAT dogs, Dogs for the Disabled, Hearing Dogs for Deaf People, Explosive Detection Dogs, Canine Partners, Lowland Search Dogs, and of course Hounds for Heroes, who all went along to meet MPs and Peers and explained what they all do to help people in all sorts of ways. It was organised by NOAH and hosted my Lord Soulsby who is a big dog fan I’m told. Some of these dogs had worked in Afghanistan and during the bombings in London – so they are real heroes and do some pretty scary stuff. So I’m not complaining but I would really have liked to have gone to the House of Lords – do you think I could have worn an ermine gown? Talking of dressing up, my owner tells me that she talked to Marc Abrahams, the funky TV vet, when she was there and that instead of wearing his usual blue vet scrubs he was wearing a snazzy pin stripe suit and black and white brogue shoes – my, I bet he looked dapper! Just as well he doesn’t live down here as he’d get those shoes muddy for sure. Nice to know he made the effort though……… I would have been very impressed indeed. He's doing some great work to publicise how horrific puppy farming is for us dogs and remind people to always buy a puppy from a reputable breeder and to see the puppy with its mother - so I say "Well done funky vet, we're all behind you on that."

No comments: